The Back Benchers

      
We were the destroyers of boredom,
Spreading joy & smile in our kingdom.

Should any lecture ever go sore,
We would bring laughter with a roar.

All we had was lines,comments,jokes
Screams animal voices slaps & pokes
Something we even gave teachers heart strokes
 
We had a world of our own,
Were none of us was ever alone.
We played & learnt a variety of games,
Periods would go as we would tame.

The period was of chemistry,
But what we did was a mystery.
Physics or bio it didn’t matter,
Silence was something we ought to shatter.
All that the teacher could found,
Was someone making some sound.
So many things the teacher used to say,
But we were as we wanted to stay.
We were first to be out & last to be in,
Diary remarks spoke of our sin.

We had a world of our own,
Were none of us was ever alone.
Many a friends on the last bench I found,
Saddest part is now none of they is around.

Being a back bencher was too much fun,
I am proud to have been one

But now those days are dead in the past,
Little more I wish they would last.
The past's gone & the future, yet to come,
So many memories thought I’d share some.

This is to all my backbenchers and to them who tried wished or wanted to be one.


                               {LXXI}






Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP